Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine is a five-year, semester-based degree programme.
Learning And Teaching Strategies
Both national and international qualified teaching faculty promote better understanding through:
- Fully Equipped labs
- Farm Management
- Clinical Practice (Supervised/Independent)
Clinical Training and Farm Management
Students of Ziauddin Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences have the advantage to be a part of an organization with the setup for poultry birds, wildlife, small and large animals, and pet care clinic. Clinical training provides a better chance of learning and practicing the skills in the field, hence, preparing future veterinarians to play an important role in the improvement of healthcare quality in society. Students of 3rd, 4th & 5th Professionals complete their clinical training at link road campus of Dr. Ziauddin University. In addition, Ziauddin Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences started their livestock farm in collaborations with other major Veterinary Sciences institutions like Sindh institute of animal health and other local dairy, meat, poultry, fisheries, and wildlife farms in the Karachi area.
Eligibility Criteria for DVM Program
- Minimum of Higher Secondary Certificate Examination in Pre-Medical Group Examination held by a recognized Board of Intermediate Education in Pakistan or A Level and other equivalent to HSC (Pre-medical) for Doctor of Veterinary Program.
- Applications from overseas candidates are also invited.
- Students awaiting results of Board of Intermediate / A-level Examinations are also eligible to apply.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit the application according to instructions given with the application form.
- Applications are invited for, Link Road.
- (The final allocation based on the location will be at the discretion of Ziauddin University depending upon the number of applications.)Documents To Be Submitted
- Attested copy of SSC / ‘O’ Level (IBCC Equivalence) Certificate
- Attested copy of HSC / ‘A’ Level (IBCC Equivalence) Certificate
- Attested copy of SSC / ‘O’ Level Mark Sheet
- Attested copy of HSC / ‘A’ Level Mark Sheet
- Attested copy of NIC or ‘B’ Form of Applicant
- Attested copy of NIC of 2 references
- Attested copy of NIC of Parents / Guardian
- HSC II Admit Card incase result not announced
- Applicant’s one (1) passport size photograph
Final selection of students is decided on the basis of their performance in the following:
- Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Ziauddin University Test
The university conducts an Aptitude Test for all eligible candidates. The test consists of Multiple-Choice questions of various types. The test comprises four to five sections designed to assess each applicant’s performance in the areas of:
- General Knowledge
The level of questions in sections of Biology, Physics and Chemistry correspond to that expected at the end of Intermediate Examination or equivalent qualifications.
Applicants are interviewed to assess their suitability to complete their respective courses and pursue a career in veterinary sciences.
Notification Of Admission
University will inform successful applicants and a deadline will be given for the confirmation of admission. Offers not accepted by the given deadline will be canceled
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) 5 years Graduate Program
|Semester Tuition Fee||175,000|
|Security deposit (one time refundable)||25,000|
Facilities at Campus
Laboratories setup in the disciplines of Anatomy & Histology, Microbiological, Physiology, Parasitological, Pathology, pharmacological Poultry, Animal Production and Theriogenology is also available with Faculty of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. Additionally, Veterinary Clinics as well as birds and farm animals also available for learning purpose.